New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Network Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Culprit

First of all - first time poster - been reading the forum for a few months now. Finally bought my first Mac (iBook G4) and am loving it so far. Only thing holding it back is I am having issues getting it integrated into my existing network.

I did a search and read all the threads I found - but they didn't quite seem to answer my issue.

I have a home network setup -I have a WinXP Pro Desktop as the main box - this connects to the internet through a Linksys Wirelss G router. From the router I have a WinXP Laptop as well that is networked to the desktop.

I then have a printer hooked into the desktop - that I am able to use with either the desktop or the laptop.

I am trying to get the new iBook networked in so it too can use that printer. So I spent the better part of my night trying to get all the settings correct. I have the iBook recognizing the other two computers - I am able to get into their shared folders. I can even setup the Canon printer on my desktop as the printer for my iBook - but whenever I send the command to printer it initiates with "Starting Job" then it just stops and says "No Job Printing"

I am at a wall. I tried just about everything I can think of. Even installed the Mac driver for my Canon i860 printer. But since I have limited experience with Mac I don't know where to go from here.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I tried to be as detailed as I could to help you guys understand better.

Thanks again for your time guys....
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

have a look at this if you havent already:
printer sharing....
QUOTE Thanks
Culprit

Yeah I read that one - but if you read the guys last post he ends the thread with the same problem I am having
QUOTE Thanks
Culprit

I can totally access both computers - from the PC I can get into the iBook using the ip it gives me when I enable windows sharing - and from the iBook I can access the Shared Folder on my PC.

For some reason it just will not let me print. Last night I managed to print one item - but now it wont let me. So I know it's possible - I just gotta figure out how I did it.
QUOTE Thanks
Culprit

I seem to have figured it out.

I did not have the correct model selected for my Canon printer. It doesn't list my exact printer - so I had to select one I thought was closest.

Seems to work now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with SMB and Windows 2000 Server | Airport Wireless and D-Link 624 Router »