New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Networking OSX and Vista

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

srokosz

srokosz is on a distinguished road

Hi There,

I have read countless forums about this but I have had absolutely no luck...
I am trying to share files and printer between My macbook and my GFs PC laptop running Vista.

I have done all the steps, turned on sharing......activating the proper folders, etc but my problem is pretty simple. Our computers can't even see each other in our network programs.

I don't see her PC in my finder, and she can't see me when she goes to her networking and sharing centre

I'm hoping someone on here has successfully set up a OSX/Vista network and can take me through step by step in detail how they got it to work....settings and all.

Thanks,
Ben
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Very strange Apple TV benefit. | finder network sidebar »