New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Time Capsule Flashing Orange - MB Doesn't Scan It

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jkerepesi

jkerepesi is on a distinguished road

here's the situation:

i just moved. at my old place i used the time capsule exclusively as an external hard drive and not a wireless router. i had it connected to my router wirelessly though. in my new place i want to make the time capsule the router and set up a network with it. however once i plugged it into the wall it gives me that lovely flashing amber light on the front. nothing i do makes it go away.

i've tried the reset button. i've tried holding that down while scanning with the airport utility. i've tried unplugging the time capsule. i've looked at every thread on the apple support boards, this forum, google, the manual. i cannot get this time capsule to not flash amber.

my macbook pro does not see it when i use the airport utility so i can't even troubleshoot it from there. can someone please explain to me what i'm supposed to do?
QUOTE Thanks
MacbookPro1463

MacbookPro1463 is on a distinguished road

I am having the SAME exact issue. Just moved. Used time capsule as an external hard drive (connected to wireless router) at the old place and now want to use it as my wireless base. I have the same flashing amber light problem and my airport utility doesnt recognize my TC on my computer. Were you able to resolve this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
spaceboobies

spaceboobies is on a distinguished road

I just changed side tables in my office, and needed to unplug my TC. I was using it as a backup HD and a router.

Now I've plugged it back in I'm having EXACTLY the same problem.

I had to dig my old router out of storage to get back on line. The TC just flashes amber and isn't recognized by my iMac. It's like it doesn't exist.
QUOTE Thanks
Santino

Santino is on a distinguished road

Apple - Support - Discussions - AMBER LIGHT FLASHING ON TIME CAPSULE ...

Google is your friend

Intel iMac 24" 2.8Ghz / 4gb
PowerBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz / 1.25gb
2Gb Black iPod Nano 1G
Canon 30D, recently inherited!
QUOTE Thanks
spaceboobies

spaceboobies is on a distinguished road

I went there first, it's a different issue.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Networking woes.... please help me figure out how to troubleshoot! | Time Capsule back up »