New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wireless networking with airport extreme

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

set398

I have just switched from cable to wireless using an airport extreme base station connected to a dsl line. My specific problem involves the use of Azureus, since switching I have not been able to maintain download speeds and have the yellow health warnings in Azureus (which suggest a NAT problem).

I believe this is a port forwarding issue, I have made the 6881 port a public and private port in the airport admin utility although this has made no difference. I am a newbie and winging this a bit and would therefore be grateful for any guidance and explanations.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by set398
I have just switched from cable to wireless using an airport extreme base station connected to a dsl line.
When you say cable, you mean a wire from the router to your computer? Well you could disconnect the airport, and jsut run a cord directly form the modem to the computer and see if the donwload speeds are faster. Then you will know if it's the airport base.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Orinoco Airport compatibility? | Intermittent Connection »