New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

macbook having problems to connect to the internet with cable

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ieva

ieva is on a distinguished road

hello.

i bought a new macbook, at first it worked fine. i set up the internet, plugged in the cable and it worked fine until today when the internet just simply stopped working on my macbook. i plugged the cable back on my PC and it worked fine on it, but when i plugged the cable back to my macbook it shows that it is connected to the internet but i can't accesses any website whatsoever, i get the message that i'm not connected to the internet.
what should i do??? i have checked many times the internet setting, ip etc. and they are all correct, so what happened??
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

do you only have a high-speed modem? no router? no wireless router?

knowing your setup will help us answer your question.

in the meantime, try power cycling your modem with nothing attached to it or with anything attached to it powered off. then repower/reattach other devices.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
ieva

ieva is on a distinguished road

as far as i know i have only one wire, no routers whatsoever!:/
i live in an apartment building, so the guy from ISP company just installed the wire in my apartment from the the building. if there are any routers or modems, than i can't access them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with DMZ and NAT - issue with PS3 | Airport Express Compatible Printers »