New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express Problems?!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PhotographicMac

PhotographicMac is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13inch 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Version 10.5.6

We have two airport expresses in our small two bed room house, one is connected to the internet, and a set of speakers. The other is in another room hooked up to another set of speakers and set up to amplify the signal. But when I go to play music thru them in itunes it skips like crazy, I have talked to the mac geniuses and they have assured me there is nothing wrong with the airports.

So maybe its how I have them set up?

Please help? Which radio mode is best? Which channel is best? Does WDS mode affect this? What about MAC address access control?
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

If you are using any sort of encryption like WEP or WPA, I'd suggest changing it to none and utilize MAC Address Access Control. You'd need to assign all devices manually to be allowed on your network, but you'd have less latency with wireless traffic and therefore less (in theory) skipping.

Radio mode can be b/g. But if all devices are using G only try G only.

Channel can be affected by any cordless phones. Check your phone to see what channel it uses and then select another channel for the AE.

WDS is required to get two AE's to work together. This needs to be on. The one connected to the internet is main and the second is the remote. The should both have unique names.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet Issue Going From Router to Directly Plugged-In | What is my wifi speed? G or N? »