New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wireless connection is intermittant after updating AirPort Extreme.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eROCK

eROCK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMAC 2.4Ghz Aluminum (mid 2007), 2MB RAM

I have a mid 2007 iMac Aluminum running 10.4.11 (tiger), and have a problem with my wireless connection. This started a day after updating the following program "AirPort Extreme Update 2008-002". I think downgrading back to AirPort Extreme Update 2008-001 will solve my problem, but guess what....Apple's taken it down, so I can't download it. Anyone know where I can get a copy or revert back (without having to reinstall my OS)?
I do have a temp workaround. When wireless signal goes from 4 bars down to 0 bars, and I loose internet connectivity, the workaround is to toggle off and on the wireless connection. I do this by clicking on the "bars" at the top of the screen. A menu box appears, and that's where I disable wireless, and then re-enable it. That brings it back up for another 5 minutes or so. Just the fact that toggling airport off and on temporarily fixes it tells me that this is not a wireless router problem (I use a Motorola SBG900). This is an Airport Extreme problem (software related). I've never had this problem until I updated the latest Airport Extreme code back in July.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet Via Bluetooth | Mac-PC Desktop Sharing over Firewire »