New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

streaming video to xbox360 pre purchuse questions.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Betadog

Betadog is on a distinguished road

k i would love to remove my existing G router and pc (printer and video streaming all pc is used for)

so first i saw time capsule wow i though that would be perfect. But what i have found so far is i can not stream videos or mp3's to my 360. Unless someone has a link to show me how.

so what about the airport extreme? can i use that with and external hardrive attached or will my 360 not see that either.

any other low cost and low power consumption option . I like those 2 because its small and i can put it in my utility room.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Well first can you get the Xbox 360 to use 802.11N? I have read in multiple places that you can't stream video over G, so that is your first hurtle. If not, is the Xbox 360 capable of using gigabit ethernet? But then you have to run a cable anyway.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Betadog

wireless is not a worry i dont use the 360 dongle i use a 3com cat 5 to wireless device. It should have no issues connecting. and you can stream video over G infact you can stream it on wireless B if thats all your doing.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytwolf View Post
Yes the time capsule can stream video, people on the forum have done it. The only issue that some people have seen is trying to stream in g mode and not n.
The theoretical max of B is 11Mbit/sec, which is just over 1Mbyte per second. Thats not including overhead or anything. While it may be plausible, I don't really see it happening with any consistency. G, maybe, but unless it is very low quality video, I don't see using B as a solution.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Betadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
The theoretical max of B is 11Mbit/sec, which is just over 1Mbyte per second. Thats not including overhead or anything. While it may be plausible, I don't really see it happening with any consistency. G, maybe, but unless it is very low quality video, I don't see using B as a solution.
No no solution just stating i had streamed via B to my original xbox to play DIVX and if i had no other things running it worked fine but if you even touched another system it would start laging. Anyway was a long time ago and kinda of topic.

well im at it. Any good device for video capture from vhs to my new macbook pro?

like to convert some old family stuff onto dvd. Whats best to do this on macbook? (im a pc user that bought new toy)
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

I use an Elegato EyeTV 250 which has a built in MPEG encoder. It has connections that you could hook up a VCR and then record the videos from there. What's nice is that with the built in MPEG encoder the processor hit is VERY small and the quality is selectable, from over 1GB/hour and down.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« aiport and apple tv at same time | Questions about ariport express »