New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Intermittent Connection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

groovyboy_76

I recently just turned on WEP (64-bit) on my home wireless network, but ever since doing so I've noticed that my wireless connection is intermittent. I frequently need to re-connect to the network after apporx every 30 mins. Any idea why?
QUOTE Thanks
rolandandmax

Did you find the answer to this? I am having the same trouble - It did not matter with webpages but we are having constant timeouts with messenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyboy_76
I recently just turned on WEP (64-bit) on my home wireless network, but ever since doing so I've noticed that my wireless connection is intermittent. I frequently need to re-connect to the network after apporx every 30 mins. Any idea why?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

in the settings for wep, is there a feature for the connection to time out every so often, maybe its set to 30 mins? what kind of wireless router are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
rolandandmax

I can't see anything like that in the Airport Admin Utility.

I am using a Hermstedt XBridge ADSL Ethernet modem to connect to the ADSL line, then this is plugged into the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
in the settings for wep, is there a feature for the connection to time out every so often, maybe its set to 30 mins? what kind of wireless router are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
code777

my linksys does some funky things (at least I think its the router), my iBook sometimes can't find my network so i have to unplug and replug it in - then on my iBook turn airport off then on.

anyone else have these issues???? its annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
zabah

I have the same thing going on. I'm on a wireless network at home and at work. At both locations, I need to cycle the wireless router before I can get a wireless connection. I'm beginning to fear that there's a virus going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
my linksys does some funky things (at least I think its the router), my iBook sometimes can't find my network so i have to unplug and replug it in - then on my iBook turn airport off then on.

anyone else have these issues???? its annoying.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless networking with airport extreme | Networking Question »