New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Intermittent Connection


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
groovyboy_76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I recently just turned on WEP (64-bit) on my home wireless network, but ever since doing so I've noticed that my wireless connection is intermittent. I frequently need to re-connect to the network after apporx every 30 mins. Any idea why?
QUOTE Thanks
rolandandmax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Did you find the answer to this? I am having the same trouble - It did not matter with webpages but we are having constant timeouts with messenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyboy_76
I recently just turned on WEP (64-bit) on my home wireless network, but ever since doing so I've noticed that my wireless connection is intermittent. I frequently need to re-connect to the network after apporx every 30 mins. Any idea why?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

 
Macman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 30, 2004
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,374
Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Macman is offline
in the settings for wep, is there a feature for the connection to time out every so often, maybe its set to 30 mins? what kind of wireless router are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
rolandandmax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I can't see anything like that in the Airport Admin Utility.

I am using a Hermstedt XBridge ADSL Ethernet modem to connect to the ADSL line, then this is plugged into the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
in the settings for wep, is there a feature for the connection to time out every so often, maybe its set to 30 mins? what kind of wireless router are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
code777
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

my linksys does some funky things (at least I think its the router), my iBook sometimes can't find my network so i have to unplug and replug it in - then on my iBook turn airport off then on.

anyone else have these issues???? its annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
zabah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I have the same thing going on. I'm on a wireless network at home and at work. At both locations, I need to cycle the wireless router before I can get a wireless connection. I'm beginning to fear that there's a virus going around.


Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
my linksys does some funky things (at least I think its the router), my iBook sometimes can't find my network so i have to unplug and replug it in - then on my iBook turn airport off then on.

anyone else have these issues???? its annoying.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Wireless networking with airport extreme | Networking Question »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Airport Extreme poor connection !!!!!!!!!!!! Rustybob Internet, Networking, and Wireless 5 01-19-2006 11:08 AM
Help newbie speed up internet connection G5 & DSL bobby_bishop Internet, Networking, and Wireless 1 11-30-2004 11:31 AM
losing connection jdmtampa Internet, Networking, and Wireless 0 10-18-2004 05:14 PM
N00bie needs help sharing DSL connection between iMac and Dell jonny683 OS X - Operating System 2 08-30-2004 11:17 AM
My connection hangs after a peroid of inactivity jonnyturner Apple Notebooks 1 01-14-2004 12:03 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?