New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Bluetooth File Exchange

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dougle_2k

dougle_2k is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where to put this post, so if it is in the wrong place feel free to tell me so. I have a Samsung E900 and i'm trying to transfer my photos from it to my Macbook. Unfortunately, it just says connecting FOREVER (sorry, I get angry) and won't connect. I have paired the two devices, turned on bluetooth file sharing in security. I can access the phone from my computer, but the photos (which are JPEGS do no appear in my file transfer box. Some MP3's do but nothing else. In a nutshell computer to phone connects, phone to computer does not. Any ideas, thanks! xx
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

did you make the devices "discoverable"?

QUOTE Thanks
dougle_2k

Yes, both devices are on discoverable. It's just really strange how I can send files from the computer to the phone, but no vice versa. I used to be able to do this fine on my iBook G4....
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

What are the settings options on your phone for bluetooth?

QUOTE Thanks
dougle_2k

i'll write down what each section is and how it is marked:

Activationn
My devices:My computers name is on there (authorised device)
My Phone's Visibilty: on
My phones name: pija
secure mode: off
thats it, what do you think I can do to get this working?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Capsule Question | Port Forwarding; opening same ports for several internal IPs. »