Time Capsule Question
    Was looking into the TB model of the time capsule however i already have a router being used for my wireless internet...would i be able to plug the time capsule into the router then setting that up as a wireless internet server too ? I need a back up for school when i go and i was originally gona get a (2) Iomega 500 GB harddrives, 1 for backup and the other for strictly downloaded materials...

am i being stupid by thinking of hooking up a time capsule to an exsisting router ?

MacBook / Mac Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    am i being stupid by thinking of hooking up a time capsule to an exsisting router ?

The Time Capsule is a wonderful router. Do what I did; buy the Time Capsule and sell you old router.

well i live @ home and the parents are gona want their router...i was thinking i could just buy the time capsule so when i move out and have my own wireless network i could use it

MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
    Can you hardwire into your old router. Just plug the Time Capsule into that then use the TC's N wireless it will be way faster.
    -Zach, A.C.T.

Chichester, UK
    MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
    Not strictly true. The wireless will only work as fast as its slowest connection, so if you have old non "N" devices on the system that's how fast the wireless will work.

I use a standard Ethernet cable from my existing router into the Time Capsule and have turned off the TC's built in wireless. When I upgrade the rest of the network to N standard I will then use the TC's wireless.

MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    Not related to anything, but I wouldn't suggest Iomega. Not very many great reviews. my mom "used" to have one, too.

Thread Information