New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Macbook and Mac Pro Sync

Thread Closed

joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

I am looking at buying a Macbook over the summer and wondered how I could sync it to my mac pro. For example is there a way I can connect my mac book to my mac pro and I can select certain folders or directories that would automatically sync?

If not what's the best set up to have if you have two macs and dont want to have different files on each? (For example, working on a presentation at work then come home and want to work on it there but without having to save it on disk stick and transfer to mac pro)

I would also like to sync my contacts, calender - even itunes if thats possible?

I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything but my apologies if this has already been posted.

Thanks

Joe
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

After doing some reading, i understand that this 'mobileme' would be the way to go, from what I can understand is that I can be at work on my mac and add a new event to my calender and through the powers of mobile me and if the two are connected to the internet, my mac pro back home would auto update with the new event in the calender. However, is this safe? How secure is this service from internet vultures?

Last point, for example I add a new contact on my iphone, but I am not connected to the internet, will it wait til I am connected to the internet and then send to my cloud or wait til i dock it to one of my macs?

Thread Closed

« best wiriles router for mac and windows | Turning off time capsule »