Airport / General Internet connection issue
    Hi folks,
    I just bought a used Airport and it seems to work fine. I was able to connect to it easily using my MacBook. However, there isn't any Internet activity.

A little background: A couple months ago I switched from DSL to Cable. With DSL I was able to simply unplug the ethernet cable from my eMac and plug it in to my MacBook--simple, easy. When the Cable model showed up I was able to connect it to my eMac. I tried doing the same thing (unplugging the ethernet cable from the eMac and plugging it in to my MacBook) and it didn't work. Now I have one computer that works with the Internet and I have my MacBook which once in a while picks up wireless signals. I decided to get an Airport so I could plug it in to my Cable modem connect to the Internet with my MacBook. So far: no luck. I am able to connect to the Airport with my MacBook, but there doesn't seem to be any Internet activity. All three lights on the Airport are flashing--so I'm not sure what is up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Anthony

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Did you purchase an Airport Extreme?

If so, how do you have it connected up? Modem should go into the Internet port.

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Did you purchase an Airport Extreme?

If so, how do you have it connected up? Modem should go into the Internet port.
    I purchased an older Airport--used. I am able to connect to it with my computer--but there is no internet activity. I tried it at home with Cox cable internet and at work--I can't seem to get the Airport to broadcast the internet signal. Is there something I need to do to my MacBook or the old Airport to get the internet working? The internet sources I'm using are live--they are just not registering when I hook up the airport to a live internet source. I've tried resetting the airport--I've looked at the networking settings--although I'm not too sure what to do with them. Are there other things I should be trying?

Thanks for the response,
    Anthony

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Is yours this model? There is a pic a few pages down.

Thread Information