New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kitrh

Kitrh is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20"iMac, 2.16ghz dual core

I have been using Airport Express with the latest version of Tiger fine. I only use it as a means of streaming iTunes wirelessly to my amplifier to play music in the living room and it has been working fine.

Yesterday I loaded Leopard and updates and now Airport is still showing as connected in the Network folder of System Preferences, but has disappeared from Airport Utilities and despite re-scanning 100s of times, it refuses to fine my Airport Express which is happily displaying a green light! I have only had the Express for 3 weeks or so and it seems too much of a coincidence that it would go wrong the second Leopard is installed.

At the same time, I clicked yes to download the latest firmware for Airport Express. I can find absolutely no help from Apple. Has anyone here had similar experiences.

Yours in frustration

Chris
iMac 20"
Switched April 2007
QUOTE Thanks
umang7888

umang7888 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT

Well I switched from Widnows XP to lepard...Never had any problem...

Anyways, u might just want to reboot yor computer as well as Airport Express & your wireless Router to which Airport is connected (wirelessly I believe). If this doesn't work..I believe you might have not allowed your airport express to be configured over the ethernet, meaning you can only access airport express when you are connected directly to the wireless network created by it or you can connect to it via ethernet cable to configure it. So try connecting to it via ethernet cable first.

if above doesn't work then also try installing Airport Admin Utlity from the CD you got with your airport express & give it a try.

If it works, there you go & if it doesn't..then I'd recommend that you should try resetting your airport express...

To do this press & hold the reset button on airport express for abt 5 seconds until the green light turns into orange blinking light..

once the orange light is blinkign plug out the airport express & leave it off for 30 seconds..Plug it back in & open "Airport Admin Utility" on your computer...

It will find it as "Apple Base Station *******"...When u click on it your airport admin utility should come up with pop up saying this airport express has been reset, then u can select wither to load previous profile or load factory settings reconfigue it,..

Cheers

iPod 5.5 Gen Video 30 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB |Airport Express |
MacBook Pro Penryn 2.5 GHz | 2 GB RAM | NVida GeFroce 8600 GMT|
QUOTE Thanks
Kitrh

Kitrh is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20"iMac, 2.16ghz dual core

Thanks for the prompt reply. Managed to configure via ethernet cable to the point where it says on the Airport Utility summary it is a wireless connection and iTunes recognises the device, plays music until the cable is disconnected!

Done the re-set twice and I am now at my wit's end!

Chris
iMac 20"
Switched April 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kicked off Web constantly | Airport Extreme Connections »