New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MacBook - Ethernet port problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stang

Stang is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MB 2GHz 2GB RAM, iPod G1 10 GB and Classic 160GB

My ethernet port on my MB is fickle. The cord needs to be in there just right for my modem's internet line to be on. Sometimes if I move the MB even a little, the ethernet cable will shift, thus disconnecting me from the internet. When I jiggle the cord, it eventually reconnects. It's doable, but its an annoying problem that I think needs to be solved. Does anyone know what I can do? What sort of problem do I have?
QUOTE Thanks
05GT

05GT will become famous soon enough

Alright,
Have you tried more than one cable? If you have, get you a little flashlight and look inside to see if either of the little connectors has been been or shifted?

-13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini
QUOTE Thanks
Stang

Stang is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MB 2GHz 2GB RAM, iPod G1 10 GB and Classic 160GB

There's ONE cable that I have that seems to work okay. But it's still a problem for me because I travel a lot with my MB and can't use that cable everywhere I go. I don't think any of the prongs are broken. Any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Have you tried reversing the ends of the cables?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bad Wifi reception on MacBook when external monitor is attached | Kicked off Web constantly »