New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MacBook - Constantly dropping WiFi

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cirian75

cirian75 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook White 2.4, 2G ram, 160HD

Hello, 1st ever post.

Bought a Macbook 2.4 in white

yesterday while at home the macbook kept dropping in wifi connection.

Starting thinking "oh ho, might have to take this back"

Then I read this.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....31631&tstart=0

anyone have any ideas on how to improve this situation ?
QUOTE Thanks
SAOS1N

SAOS1N is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook(White) 2.4GHz/4GB RAM

I just recieved mine today and i had that problem as well where it would just drop my home connection.....I turned off the laptop and i went to my desktop that has the router....Then I went to my linksys ip address in safari and i just reset my password...Have been using it for several hours now and it has been working just fine..
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

What version of software are you on 10.5.2 10.5.3?

If you're not on 10.5.3 update (maybe connect be cable to the router temporarily) and see if that improves things.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
cirian75

cirian75 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook White 2.4, 2G ram, 160HD

Its on 10.5.3

both the two windows computers are not having any problems with WiFi

wont be able to test any ideas for 8 hours, just arrived in work
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Me too....hateful isn't...all this work nonsense getting the way of serious mac work

It's always hit and miss diagnosing a wi-fi connection remotely so these are just hit and hope ideas:
- change your wi-fi channel
- change the security type (maybe disable encryption temporarily to see if the connection reliability improves)
- update the router firmware

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Connection Issues | PC to MAC connection problems »