iMac Airport to Nintendo Wii
    I have an iMac with built in airport.

Never really had to use it until now when I just got a Nintendo Wii. I have recently upgraded to Leopard.

I am having trouble connecting to my Wii.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get it working? OR a sep by step guide?

ANy help is appreciated!!!

what are you trying to do? use the mac as a router for the wii?

or are you trying to share files?
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

All I'm trying to do is connect my Wii to the internet for online game play.

Am I wrong with thinking this should work?

well, you may be able to set the imac up as a wireless router as a proxy.

i'm guessing you have the imac wired directly to a cable/dsl modem or a wired router?

ideally you'd have a router attached to your high speed modem then ethernet cable to your imac and wii - and if the wii is too far away, then a wireless router for wifi to the wii and ethernet to the imac.

i actually have the opposite for my macbook and ps3.
    the macbook is obviously wireless to the wireless router, and i have an ethernet cable running from my ps3 to the same router since they are in close proximity.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Yes, right now I have my modem connected directly to the iMac.

What I tried to do, at the advice of some other thread I saw online some where, was to "Create a new network" through my airport. So i did that, then my Wii sees it as a network but when it "tests" the network for connectivity it always fails.

Can I not use my iMac as a router? I was under the impression thats what it was for, for example if i had a second computer it should be able to see my iMac and connect, non?

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    what are you trying to do? use the mac as a router for the wii?

or are you trying to share files?
    Hi, I recently purchased a Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless Router (WNR834M) and have a few questions:

1. Currently, my desktop pc has a static ip. Do I need to have a dynamic ip to make my router function or does it not matter? If so, how do I change it?
    2. I am planning on connecting another computer (unfortunately, this one is pretty old) and have another Ethernet cable. How do I do this?
    3. Will this router allow me to get internet on my Wii?
    4. What is the difference between an access point and a router? Does this wireless router have an access point built in?
    5. What does it mean when it says "up to 300 Mbps wireless networking"? Will that change the speed of my internet?

I appreciate all the help and tips that I can get!

Thread Information