New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wireless Print Servers Compatible w/ Airport Extreme Base Station

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MilenkoD

MilenkoD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro

Currently have an HP all-in-one and HP color laser both with and Ethernet and USB port, plus a USB scanner.

I'd like to have them all available wirelessly to be accessible by several PCs and a Macbook on my home wireless network. I have an AEBS on the other side of the house that provides WiFi to all computers.

1.) Can a old WiFi router function as a Wireless Print Server? I'd be SOL with any USB connected device...

2.) What off-the-shelf print servers would be compatible with the AEBS? If I have to pay-up for a print server, then I need something that works/supports ethernet and USB connected devices.

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

the AEBS has a USB port that works as a print server. The problem would be the other all in one functions. However, since you say your AIO printer has a eth interface, why not use that?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
MilenkoD

MilenkoD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
the AEBS has a USB port that works as a print server. The problem would be the other all in one functions. However, since you say your AIO printer has a eth interface, why not use that?
because "I have an AEBS on the other side of the house" as noted....won't reach...plus the USB is also being used by an external disk as an AirDisk.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Express & Printer/Scanner | Airport and existing home network »