New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

How good is Airport Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

greggebhardt

greggebhardt is on a distinguished road

I am a new MacBook Pro 17 owner. I have been using a Cisco Wireless (abg)that is located in a central area of the house, it is a good way away from the computer.

Will the Airport Express with "n" located by my computer on the other side of the house give me as good if not better reception than the centrally located system I have now?

How is the RF ability of the Airpot Express?
QUOTE Thanks
kao

kao is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB

I just got an AirPort Express and am extremely happy. I've had two other Wireless 'n' access points (both Netgear) and the speeds/stability were crap compared to this AirPort. AirTunes is also very nice if you are interested in that =p

This AirPort Express (which was about half the price of each of my previous access points) is better in every way from what I've seen so far.

[ MacBook Pro | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 667MHz | GeForce 8600M GT | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.5.2 ]
[ Mac Mini | 2GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB DDR2 667MHz | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.5.2 ]
[ iPod Touch 32GB (16GB was stolen =p) ]
QUOTE Thanks
greggebhardt

greggebhardt is on a distinguished road

Wel, mine will be here Friday. I am looking forward to the printer networking. On my 3rd day with my first MacPro and I am really impressed and that is saying alot for this old PC user!

I am still very impressed with the 17" LED screen! The colors are the best I have seen in a long time. Godbye T61p ThinkPad, it is eBay for you!

My ONLY complaint is the lack of tap to click via BootCamp/Vista!
QUOTE Thanks
Stephen

Stephen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb

i have been using airport express for a few months now and very happy. brilliant for the wireless speakers aka airtunes fantastic same sound quaity and what i like the most is the fact that the product is so small and compact which is ideal for me being at uni! have had about 6 computers and my ps3 going through it at once and it held up very very well!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network Setup for emac | Wireless Internet Woes »