New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Itunes exclusively on external hard drive...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ukaser

ukaser is on a distinguished road

Basically I want my iTunes to be stored on the external hard drive linked through my Airport Extreme.

I want everything on there, art work, songs, everything and I want absolutely nothing on my Mac Book Pro, because I want to be able to disconnect and work offline using all the computers power

At the moment it's sort of sharing things between both, some of the artwork and new music is staying on the mac in the: users/ukaser/music/itunes.

There is a folder titled Album Artwork and two files: iTunes Library and iTune Music Library.xml.

Are these big files, or are they just wee pics and programme files that keep iTunes operational? If they are I'm happy for them to stay there...

If this is the case and, hypothetically of course, my laptop breaks will I have to re-organise my folders to get them back to the way they were on the 'old' computer?

Lots of q's!
Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
lampie73

lampie73 is on a distinguished road

I found a step by step guide here.
http://lifehacker.com/software/itune...ive-238296.php
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Here is what Apple recommends: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449?viewlocale=en_US

Mary
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX 10.5.2 Leopard network problem | Ethernet Problem... »