New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Dropbox Invite Available

Thread Closed

mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I have been fortunate enough to get invited to dropbox

On joining you get 10 invites to distribute. I was given my invite in good faith that I would share some of my invites back with the forum I got mine from which I have duly done but I have kept 1 back to share that I'd like to 'seed' here.

I've seen several people showing an interest on this forum so I'd like to appeal to a trustworthy, established mac forum member who would like to try Dropbox and who would be willing to share some of their invites with this forums members and for those invitees to share some invites etc.

Anyone interested?

mrplow

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
mojonandha

mojonandha will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

Wow this looks like a online backup service which i might really use. I will pm you now with my email.

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own. - Woody Allen
Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/11677-mac-forums-irc-chat.html
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I'd love an invite!
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've been waiting forever to get in on this beta. Please, share!!

June 2007
July 2009
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Wow this looks like a online backup service which i might really use. I will pm you now with my email.
Quote:
I'd love an invite!
Quote:
I've been waiting forever to get in on this beta. Please, share!!
Got a few more so 3 invites sent to Aptmunich, mojonandha and Kash

Enjoy, please share them back here.

mrplow

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Got the invite from mrplow. I downloaded and setup my account. This thing is sweet

Got some invites if anybody is interested

June 2007
July 2009
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Can I have an invite? I've been waiting for this forever!

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

What about meeeee? :]

Edit: Got one. Thanks mojonandha.
mojonandha

Mac Specs: MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

I have 10 invites to spend. PM me your email and it will be on your way.

Edit:
Your welcome!

8 more invites left!

Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11677
mojonandha

Quote:
# After the Beta period, is Dropbox going to continue to be free to use?

We haven't fully determined a pricing structure yet, but the high level plan at this point is:

* Free accounts (on the order of 1GB of space)
* Paid accounts (likely different tiers of space allotment)
* Beta users will keep their accounts (with more storage than the free accounts) after launch
This is sweet. I guess beta users get 2gig while the free account when this thing goes public is 1 gig.

I like third party apps which blends into your system. I hope dropbox has a decent interface for our fellow windoz users.

Quote:
I started a thread about using dropbox for security stuff.
Basically, an app I have called ivezeen is set to record video from my isight when it detects motion above a certain threshold and save it to . . .you guessed it, my dropbox folder. This way I can check up on my apartment when I am away and have video of anyone that enters even if they steal the computer.
You guys gotta checkout this thread http://forums.getdropbox.com/topic.p...946&replies=11

Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11677
Kash

Hey, even 1GB isn't too bad. I tinkered with this a bit and I've gotta say, this is really cool stuff. I'm gonna install it on some more of my machines to check out how simple it is to share files. Public folder with a link is the best thing ever. Sharing documents and pictures could not be any easier

For those who still need an invite, PM me your email address

June 2007
July 2009
flowrider

flowrider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)

Hi I'm interested as well if someone would like to share with me. What goes around will come around for others!
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

PM me if you're a member with over 25 posts and want an invite.
flowrider

flowrider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)

PM sent. Invite available?
jeefm

jeefm is on a distinguished road

Can you send me a dropbox invite Please!
thx
J

Thread Closed

« ichat video chat | MacBook Pro network woes.... »