Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Internet, Networking, and Wireless (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/internet-networking-wireless/)
-   -   Dropbox Invite Available (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/internet-networking-wireless/108509-dropbox-invite-available.html)

mrplow 05-15-2008 08:30 AM

Dropbox Invite Available

I have been fortunate enough to get invited to dropbox

On joining you get 10 invites to distribute. I was given my invite in good faith that I would share some of my invites back with the forum I got mine from which I have duly done but I have kept 1 back to share that I'd like to 'seed' here.

I've seen several people showing an interest on this forum so I'd like to appeal to a trustworthy, established mac forum member who would like to try Dropbox and who would be willing to share some of their invites with this forums members and for those invitees to share some invites etc.

Anyone interested?

mrplow

mojonandha 05-15-2008 01:25 PM

Wow this looks like a online backup service which i might really use. I will pm you now with my email.

Aptmunich 05-15-2008 01:33 PM

I'd love an invite!

Kash 05-15-2008 03:18 PM

I've been waiting forever to get in on this beta. Please, share!! :D

mrplow 05-16-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Wow this looks like a online backup service which i might really use. I will pm you now with my email.
Quote:

I'd love an invite!
Quote:

I've been waiting forever to get in on this beta. Please, share!!
Got a few more so 3 invites sent to Aptmunich, mojonandha and Kash:)

Enjoy, please share them back here.

mrplow

Kash 05-16-2008 02:14 AM

Got the invite from mrplow. I downloaded and setup my account. This thing is sweet :D

Got some invites if anybody is interested

PowerBookG4 05-16-2008 02:18 AM

Can I have an invite? I've been waiting for this forever!

Eric559 05-16-2008 02:21 AM

What about meeeee? :]

Edit: Got one. Thanks mojonandha.

mojonandha 05-16-2008 02:23 AM

I have 10 invites to spend. PM me your email and it will be on your way.

Edit:
Your welcome!

8 more invites left!

mojonandha 05-16-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

# After the Beta period, is Dropbox going to continue to be free to use?

We haven't fully determined a pricing structure yet, but the high level plan at this point is:

* Free accounts (on the order of 1GB of space)
* Paid accounts (likely different tiers of space allotment)
* Beta users will keep their accounts (with more storage than the free accounts) after launch
This is sweet. I guess beta users get 2gig while the free account when this thing goes public is 1 gig.

I like third party apps which blends into your system. I hope dropbox has a decent interface for our fellow windoz users.

Quote:

I started a thread about using dropbox for security stuff.
Basically, an app I have called ivezeen is set to record video from my isight when it detects motion above a certain threshold and save it to . . .you guessed it, my dropbox folder. This way I can check up on my apartment when I am away and have video of anyone that enters even if they steal the computer.
You guys gotta checkout this thread http://forums.getdropbox.com/topic.p...946&replies=11

Kash 05-16-2008 02:36 AM

Hey, even 1GB isn't too bad. I tinkered with this a bit and I've gotta say, this is really cool stuff. I'm gonna install it on some more of my machines to check out how simple it is to share files. Public folder with a link is the best thing ever. Sharing documents and pictures could not be any easier :D

For those who still need an invite, PM me your email address

flowrider 05-16-2008 09:41 AM

Hi I'm interested as well if someone would like to share with me. What goes around will come around for others!

Aptmunich 05-16-2008 09:46 AM

PM me if you're a member with over 25 posts and want an invite.

flowrider 05-18-2008 12:37 PM

PM sent. Invite available?

jeefm 05-23-2008 11:13 AM

Please dropbox invite

Can you send me a dropbox invite Please!
thx
J