New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Problems with Full restore using Time Capsule backup???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m021478

m021478 is on a distinguished road

For some reason my MacBook Pro recently crapped out completely, and I am trying to do a complete restore of the OS via a full backup I made with using Time Machine onto my Time Capsule disk, but I am running into some problems doing so and I was hoping someone might have some insight as to how I should deal with things at this point...

Here's where things get messy...

- I insert my Mac OS X 10.5 Installation DVD into my Macbook and boot from the drive, and I immediately choose the menu option to 'Restore from Time Capsule Backup'...

- After logging into my Time Capsule and then choosing the proper .sparseimage file to restore from, I click 'continue' and it brings me to the screen where I choose where I want to restore to (which in my case, is the one and only internal HD inside my Macbook Pro)

- The bottom of this window tells me that it's "Calculating space required to restore data..." but it simply hangs at the point with a spinning wheel indicating its still doing the calculating, but never actually presents me with the space required, not does it allow me to click continue to perform the restore?? I've allowed it over an hour to calculate the space required and it still just spins its status wheel...

This is where I am stuck at this point, and I have no idea how to get it to proceed to the next step to allow me to perform the restore??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I will have no choice but to do a complete reinstall (including all apps and data) if I can't get the backup restored... Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finding Windows? | iMAC networking with Vista problems. Please help. »