New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

OS X and WIN XP Networking

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kikaider

I am using an Airport Extreme Base Station with my Powerbook and i can't seem to do internet sharing and file sharing with my PC. Can anyone help??
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikaider
I am using an Airport Extreme Base Station with my Powerbook and i can't seem to do internet sharing and file sharing with my PC. Can anyone help??
we may need some more information. Does the PC have a wireless card? Is it getting an IP address from the Airport station? Is the internet connection plugged into the Airport or into the PC?
QUOTE Thanks
JazzTrpt

Quote:
Assuming everything is plugged into the right place, then I think you need to go to Apple's system prefs to the sharing panel. Under the "Services" tab I think you need to check "Personal File Sharing" and "Windows File Sharing". I'm not sure if there is something similar to this in Windows XP, but I imagine you'd have to do something along those lines.
QUOTE Thanks
kikaider

i have already figured out the file sharing part, and have got it working fine. Now its the internet sharing part. The internet is connect to my Powerbook. So how do i get my PC to share the internet with my Powerbook through the Airport base.
QUOTE Thanks
JazzTrpt

Quote:
i have already figured out the file sharing part, and have got it working fine. Now its the internet sharing part. The internet is connect to my Powerbook. So how do i get my PC to share the internet with my Powerbook through the Airport base.
As long as your PC has a wireless internet card installed, all you have to do is set up your connection preferences in your PC. I have no clue how to do that. :-D
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzTrpt
As long as your PC has a wireless internet card installed, all you have to do is set up your connection preferences in your PC. I have no clue how to do that. :-D
what version of windows? if its XP it should do it automatically, just make sure its set to DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) in the connection settings on wireless card in network connections.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Networking | Sharing my Airport with a headless Linux box »