New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

New mass storage on my home network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mshale

mshale is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5

Ok, so i'm looking at purchasing a WD 2TB drive. It's the one at the very bottom. I know it says that it its formatted for windows, but wouldn't it still work for my mac?

My basic question is as follows:
I'm going to put this into RAID 0 so that I can keep all of my movies and things on there. My family isn't getting with my program so they still have windows machines. Will they still be able to access the drive? I'm going to attach my old 200GB drive to the MYBook and hopefully i can use that to do TimeMachine backups. So, mainly... will the windows machines be able to use the drive as well, and will I be able to use the old drive (in an external USB case already)?

And now that I think about it, my Linksys router has no usb ports, so I'm gonna need a usb to ethernet adapter.

One does what one can... but together we can do more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme problem: no wifi when connected to router | Need Help With Wireless Connection. »