New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

need help: can you make a mac a slave

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ourpickswin

ourpickswin is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am making the switch from pc to mac. I planning on buying two macs in the very near future. I am going to get a g4 12" power book to use as a ultra portable, and a new macpro tower. I was wondering if there was a way to use the macpro as a slave for the powerbook to do all the program running, so when I can't be in the room with the pro I can still use its power elsewhere through the powerbook? Im not sure if thats an odd question, but it would suite my needs perfectly. Thank you for ur time and hopefully for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

If you mean access the RAM, hard drive, CPU then no. You can access the files via file sharing, etc. But you can not share/access the physical components of another machine to increase another.

Unless you want to to use another computer to access the Internet, but that's another story...

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help needed from a newbie! | Keep Losing DHCP Connection »