New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

HELP>>>Router Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cmcguire2

cmcguire2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Power Pc 1.5GHz, 1 GB Ram, OS X 10.5

I recently upgraded my router to a D-Link DIR-615 and upon set up I ran into a problem, I was able to connect to the router as long as I did not add any security to the router, if i did I could only connect one computer wirelessly in WEP ( both 64 and 128 bit ) its running 10.5, I switched to WEA Personal and same thing, I reset all parts of the network and started over same thing, I then called D-Link tech support and after 2 hrs on the phone with them was told to contact apple to see how to set up the router ( I thought that was why I contacted D-Link ) my bad LOL....well anyway I am going to take the router back and would like to know what router would work good with a wide range of macs I have from 350 MHz G3 to a G5 and Pc's as well. so I am running airport and airport extreme wi-fi is any one running into problems with security not allowing computers to log into a secure network.
Any help would be great
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AirPort Express as a Reciever? | MAC IBOOK G4 Questions »