New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Connection Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vdubkid4life

vdubkid4life is on a distinguished road

Hi, my MacBook is not connecting to a network. Its a on and off thing, and if i click on the connection "mike" for my router, it will say its connected but has no IP address and it may not connect to the internet. But then sometimes it will be connected and work fine. Also when i click to choose a connection "mike" is not on the list, but sometimes it is. This started completely randomly, and it was working fine yesterday. Is this a actual connection problem? or can it be my internet provider? TIA
QUOTE Thanks
vdubkid4life

Air port is connected and i have a IP address there, but it still says it cannot find the server when i try to go on the internet. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
QUOTE Thanks
mojonandha

mojonandha will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubkid4life View Post
Air port is connected and i have a IP address there, but it still says it cannot find the server when i try to go on the internet. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Reset your wireless router to factory settings and setup a new wirless network.

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own. - Woody Allen
Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/11677-mac-forums-irc-chat.html
QUOTE Thanks
vdubkid4life

^^Tried that no luck, i got i connected once again, but then when i close the screen and open it looses the connection and i cannot get it back. Right now it is using someone else's connection around me, and the signal is low. This happened all of a sudden and its really getting on my nerves. Anyone else have any ideas, before i have to call the idiots at apple?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Capsule WiFi speed painfully slow | Pulling my hair out with wireless & Netgear »