funkdis
    AirPort Express, with no internet. *help*
    first post...

I've had my airport express for about a year now, does exactly what I need, up until last week.
    ----
    I disconnected my internet as I'm changing provider, and now my airport express wont even work.

I cannot share files between my pc and mac, cannot print wirelessly, or listen to itunes(which is killing).
    basically the APE light is flashing orange as compared to a solid green. Even when I completely disconnected the modem to the router, is doesn't fix the problem.

Is there a way to run it as a local network?. my Internet wont be up for another 4 weeks at home.

A.

EDIT** I've been running Firmware 6.3 ever since i purchased it.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by funkdis View Post
    first post...

I've had my airport express for about a year now, does exactly what I need, up until last week.
    ----
    I disconnected my internet as I'm changing provider, and now my airport express wont even work.

I cannot share files between my pc and mac, cannot print wirelessly, or listen to itunes(which is killing).
    basically the APE light is flashing orange as compared to a solid green. Even when I completely disconnected the modem to the router, is doesn't fix the problem.

Is there a way to run it as a local network?. my Internet wont be up for another 4 weeks at home.

A.

EDIT** I've been running Firmware 6.3 ever since i purchased it.
    What's you setup?

Airport Express connected to a 3rd party router by cable?
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
    make sure thats its not set to bridge mode, where it would have been getting the IP addresses from your modem when you had it, rather than providing them itself to your computers.

funkdis
    I went to my local apple store, they installed the latestAirmac utility, and set it up so everything works without having the internet connected.

not sure exactly what they did, i'll have to go through the settings and save the settings to file.

Thread Information