New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Potential issues with Airport since last update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WolfsBane

WolfsBane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.

Has anyone noticed issues logging on to Airport since the last update. Since this last update that was pushed a week or two ago, I have been having issues logging back to the net wirelessly when my computer shuts down and restarts or when it wakes up from sleep. Additionally, even though I have told the system to remember the network, password, etc, that I want to connect to wirelessly, the system doesn't save the network name and password. This is a huge nuisance when you set your wireless network to not broadcast it's name in the open for security reasons. Another nuisance is that when I'm forced to enter a network manually, I have to repeatedly try to connect because the system keeps timing out.

I tried to go to Apple's support site and report these issues, but man!!!!... they make it EXTREMELY difficult for a user to contact them online unless you have an .MAC account on that site. The information is great, but trying to contact them directly online is like pulling teeth!

Hope Springs Eternal
Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz!
QUOTE Thanks
jlautner

jlautner is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 15", 2Gigs RAM, Leopard - 10.5.6, purchased Dec 10, 2007

I have had connectivity issues too - but I thought it had more to do with my new time capsule. Every time I finally get it to work it stops working when I shut down the computer and I have to find a way to get it going again when I start up again. Right now the light glows green but nothing is happening. I have rebooted and rebooted and no change.

However, I have been able to connect to a neighbor's wireless network - so I am assuming it isn't airport.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« kevano | Frustration with Time Capsule »