New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express updated to Wireless N

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Via MacUser
It’s a Monday and AirPort Express now does 802.11n
Posted by Aayush Arya

Surprise, surprise! Apple just launched an updated AirPort Express, bumping the wireless capabilities of the mobile base station to the spiffier and faster 802.11n. It still looks exactly the same as its previous avatar and is available for the same price of $99.

Apple claims that the pint-sized WiFi access point is now five times faster and covers twice as much area. Apart from the upgrade of the wireless networking standard though, the rest of it is exactly the same as it used to be an hour ago.

This is hardly out of the blue and I have to say that I’m pretty miffed by Apple’s antics here. They clearly went out of their way to prove my prophesy wrong and released it today, instead of tomorrow as we would usually expect them to. Ah well, one down, one more to go (they’re not going to be proving that one wrong any time soon).
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Fancy!!

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

I'm definitely getting this one. The Extreme costs way too much here ($300). This one is going to be perfect for my wifi network and plugging in my digital speakers. A little sad that the USB port is only for Printers and not a hard drive.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You should note also goobi, if you are wanting it for extending the range of your current network - per Apple it will only do that with the Airport Extreme or another Express.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

I currently have no network setup as such. Just dialup internet on the PC, and a network cable sharing it with my mac. Waiting for my broadband connection. Hope it's here in a few...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport connections in and out, or slow to load | name change? »