New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

My new Crumpler

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I like it so far. I think I need to rearrange some things to get it to fit properly but as of now it barely closes with all my equipment in it and I wanted a bag just to carry all my equipment.

It's currently filled with:
30D gripped with the 70-200 2.8 is attached to it.
the 50mm f/1.8 in a corner slot with the 18-55 kit lens stacked on top. The next corner slot has one of my two vivitar 285hv's in it.
On the other side of the camera, one slot has another 285hv.
Last corner has two PW's
small slot infront of the camera has a PW with a battery charger in it.
Back side has another charger.
The canon charger with business cards, wires, and other crap fit into the front pocket and the inside mesh pocket.

It's still pretty light as the only heavy thing in my kit is the camera and the big lens. It's fairly comfortable for the two minutes that I actually was carrying it. I can see it working much better if I put the camera in not attached to the 70-200. This is something I would do on days that I knew I didn't need my flashes and PW's.

Construction seems pretty durable from handling it so far. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a good bag.

The cost wasn't too bad. $128.50 before shipping and everything else.

Closed up:

Open side shot:

Open full frontal:

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

huzzah for Aussie brands!

They're great bags though. I always stop to take a look at the bags and their catalogues when I go into mac shops.

Although it's pretty crude, I love their Aussie site. Careful of the red button
http://www.crumpler.com.au/
They've changed the music though, fairly similar, but it used to be a bloke kind of 'yodeling' some random words.

A mate of mine did a bit of work for Crumpler overseas in japan.
Wouldn't mind having one of their bags - but I'm torn between Crumpler, and Knog.

QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

Village, what model is that? Are you able to slot the camera with the lens facing down, or are you laying it on its side within the bag? I want a soft walkabout bag to carry my 5D, 24~105IS, and one or more of my primes (24, 50, 85).
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EORI View Post
Village, what model is that? Are you able to slot the camera with the lens facing down, or are you laying it on its side within the bag? I want a soft walkabout bag to carry my 5D, 24~105IS, and one or more of my primes (24, 50, 85).
It's the 7 Million Dollar Home.

The camera and lens barely fits, but it's the 70-200 2.8, so the 5D and 24-105 IS should fit fine. It fits right in the middle so it doesn't throw anything off balance.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

That looks nice.. I would really like it if it had a slot/place for my macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

WTF? I know I posted something here.

I wrote previously that some one rearranged the partitions to fit in a MBP, so it's possible, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with all the gear I had crammed in there.

My PW's and flashes are pretty big, so finding another pouch to use for at least the PW's on one of the bag's external straps may help.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
It's the 7 Million Dollar Home.

The camera and lens barely fits, but it's the 70-200 2.8, so the 5D and 24-105 IS should fit fine. It fits right in the middle so it doesn't throw anything off balance.
It's a nice looking bag. I may try out the smaller $6M version for my walkabout kit.

Happy to be back to a Mac
QUOTE Thanks
Verbal

Verbal is on a distinguished road

I need a bag and was looking at the Lowe Pros, but I like crumplers better.

I only have the 350d and kit lens right now, but I want room to grow. Plus I need a case for my sony palmcorder so I might as well put it all in one bag. Not sure which crumpler to look at.
QUOTE Thanks
anmoldagreat

anmoldagreat has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i got the same bag man
i love it and it ended up causing two of my friends to get the same one

its pretty easy to arrange it so you can fit a macbook in there too
if you need help just lmk

macbook pro. 2007wfp. 40d. 17-55 2.8. e71. etc...
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal View Post
I need a bag and was looking at the Lowe Pros, but I like crumplers better.

I only have the 350d and kit lens right now, but I want room to grow. Plus I need a case for my sony palmcorder so I might as well put it all in one bag. Not sure which crumpler to look at.
The 7MDH may look huge, but if you're not carrying it everywhere with you, like a man bag or something, then it's not bad. Like I posted above, it barely fits all my equipment.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto Display Size and Resizing | Camera Quality Question »