New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Font Book 2.0 Help Needed!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

misslizz1

misslizz1 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I'm in a bit of a bind with my new MacBook Pro running leopard and I'm hoping that someone might be able to assist me with the problem of adding a font.

I recently had all the information/data of my old powerbook transferred to a new macbook pro. Everything appears to have been transferred correctly with all my applications working without any problems. However, a font which I had recently downloaded to my powerbook before having the data transferred is not showing up in any of my applications (specifically CS2 where I need it but also not in word, etc.) The problem is that the font is showing up in the font book application, and in my "library--> fonts". For some reason or another it is not being recognized by any of the applications.

When I select the font in font book, and click "font validation" one error shows up for the font reading " 'FOND font association usability' " I'm assuming this is why it is not being recognized by my applications. I am at a dead loss for how to fix this, and beyond frustrated.

Any suggestions of how I might fix the problem? Also where is the problem ocurring? Is it with my font or with font book 2.0.

Please help!!!

- Elizabeth
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-forums, misslizz1.

You might want to check out this Apple Discussion thread, it has a possible workaround. There is another thread here and there is one that has solved the problem for one Leopard user at Typophile, an awesome place for all things fonts.

I googled for the error message you got and it seems like a common problem with Leopard and it doesn't even affect the same fonts which is utterly bizarre.

Let us know if anything in there works for you. Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphoto back-up specific year with keywords intact | Any Nikon D40 pics out there?? »