New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

I need to upload pics from my Canon-but forgot my software CD, what can I do?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

Hello,
I'm at a family members house using my clamshell, and i want to upload a lot of pictures while i have access to high speed, but I realized when i plugged in my S5 that I forgot my CDs and I haven't installed the software on my clamshell. I don't want to drive all the way back home just to get the CDs and drive back, is there anything I can download so I can see my pics and upload them to facebook?

Thanks,
Tanner
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Does your camera just appear as a disk on the desktop when you attach it
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

My s3 is works with iPhoto by just plugging it in

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You can use either iPhoto or Image Capture to import the pictures from your camera.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
nirvana

nirvana has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, Apple TV

My Canon 400d works with image capture so give that a go.

Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

(duh moment) i COMPLETELY forgot about image capture. Thanks Kash. They're importing right now. Quick question, and obviously i'll know when its done importing, but why are the previews of the pictures PINK?
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Oh I don't have iPhoto on my clamshell and I don't remember what it did on my PowerMac, but does the S5 work with iPhoto? I don't remember if it did or not, overall the only downside to the S5 isn't really a S5 thing, just a Canon thing, I Don't like how they dont show up on the desktop. Oh well, i love this camera. Thanks everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
riscy

riscy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP

Another option (just for reference) is a multi card reader if you have one lying around. Take the card out of the camera, pop it in the reader and away you go.

I always have one in the laptop bag just in case as I NEVER install the software for cameras, it is nasty!

"I've go too much energy to switch off my mind, and not enough to get myself organised." The the
Try using BootPicker with BootCamp
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I use the card reader too. To me it's a more direct connection (USB port with the card directly in the card reader - you don't have to go through the camera's system and be dependent on the camera's battery level).

I dunno, I just find it much more convenient.
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Oh I know, I'm working on getting a card reader. Just an el cheapo, but they're so cheap i dont know why i haven't gotten one yet.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard galaxy | Some of my latest photoshop work... »