New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Live Camera Feeds

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

.emo.

This can be labeled as the Dark Mac-forums thread. My school has recently added live video feeds outside each exit/entrance to the outdoors throughout the whole school. They have nothing better to spend there money on so they added them to catch kids smoking ciggarettes but thats besides the point.

What i was curious is how besides being in the control room for the cameras, to mess with them. Put fake streams of what is really going on. Like they did in Oceans 11 haha . Maybe if that cant be done what can be so they dont know what is really going on. Any ideas. All ideas are welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
PMJx2

your really thinking secret agent about this type of stuff....my only idea i have to ofer you is break em down..
QUOTE Thanks
.emo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJx2
your really thinking secret agent about this type of stuff....my only idea i have to ofer you is break em down..
hahah thanks for the input....so far ive posted on 5 forums and everyone is so incredibly parental about it saying im breaking the rules and they dont think its legal....whatever haha.thanks for the barbaric yet effective response
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

The first thing that comes to mind, is safety. There may have been violence crime, rape or even burglary. So I can see the need for the camera. To me that would make the school safer. I believe if a person is going to do something that is illegal, they are not going to do it in front of a building doorway. Due to possible traffic.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

And the camera are not there to police smoking. That would truely be a waste of money.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

If you look at the problems going on at USC. You can see why the camera have been installed.

QUOTE Thanks
.emo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
If you look at the problems going on at USC. You can see why the camera have been installed.
not to be blunt....but your completely wrong i live in a rich stuck up town...where there has been NO crime (rape murder) or antying close for years there just rediculous and waste our taxes
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .emo.
not to be blunt....but your completely wrong i live in a rich stuck up town...where there has been NO crime (rape murder) or antying close for years there just rediculous and waste our taxes
Not to be blunt...but you're completely wrong. I guarantee in any city there's crime that doesn't make the front page. I doubt it's rape or murder that they are trying to prevent necessarily, but I assure you that they didn't install hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of video surveillance equipment to catch a 14 year old kid smoking a 3 dollar pack of cigs.

Maybe it's to prevent vandalism, or make sure people aren't fighting on school grounds without them knowing. I can speculate as much as the next guy, but it's probably not w/o a decent reason.

Honestly, if you really wanted to get back at them and knew for sure it was to only catch smokers, when it could be spent for 100 other things public schools need, try to get that story in your school paper.

I'm sure they'd be pleased...

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I think it's the american media scaring all the parents so they all scream murder and start installing camera's everywhere.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I know what it is like ot live in a rich stuck up town where alot of people smoke and they waste tax dollars, but tampering with the schools cameras is not the way to deal with it, if your not smoking, there is nothing to worry about, and if you are smoking MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
d-funct

you really want to get round the camaras? simply use a picture in front of it from roughly the same angle ... sounds crazy but try it at home with your camcorder ... oh and smoking kills and all that
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

IGNORE THIS POST

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
irishllama

Quote:

I could already tell before i read this you we're in a rich stuck up town, by your account name.
QUOTE Thanks
Underbelly

Underbelly is on a distinguished road

I suggest that rather than worrying about the live video, you use you time at school to get a better grasp on the English Language.
QUOTE Thanks
TTheInfamous1

TTheInfamous1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

I dont think its a good idea to have live video feeds of a school. With the world we live in, you never know what type of pervet is watching. If they were a closed circuit video to watch for people breaking the law or fighting and things like that on school grounds then I can see it being of good use.

Quote:
hahah thanks for the input....so far ive posted on 5 forums and everyone is so incredibly parental about it saying im breaking the rules and they dont think its legal....whatever haha.thanks for the barbaric yet effective response
Well, you are breaking the law/rules. Its called vandelisim of property. And if I were an Officer in your town, I'd haul you in. You'd really only get a nice fine, but I'd make it all worth it. Then you wonder why we need to monitor some things that go on in town and schools and wonder why Police Officers get so annoyed with these vandelisim cases. They are annoying and take too much d@mn time to write up the report! We could be out on the street catching real criminals.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help...Application Support Engineer (Media arena) 30k base | Adobe CS2 Icons... Where can I get them? »