New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

installing cs3 problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sim101

sim101 is on a distinguished road

Hi can anyone help, I am trying to install cs3 premium on my macbook pro, but when I get to the programme installation page photoshop cs3 is unchecked and the warning says that there is a conflict with another photoshop cs3 (which I dont have) I have done a spotlight search and found a few files with photoshop cs3 in the title and have deleted them, anyone else got any ideas how to get rid of the ghost copy of photoshop.
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

See if this will work:

In Mac OS, double-click the product installer in Applications\Utilities\Adobe Installers. Authenticate as an administrator, select Uninstall Components, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

-OR-
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...1502&sliceId=2

Did you empty your trash after moving the files to the trash can?

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
sim101

Thanks for your reply eric 06, have just sorted it, to anyone who is interested or having the same problem you needed to do a full back-up and do an adobe system clean up which will remove all invisible fragments of photoshop cs3, enabling you to install again.
QUOTE Thanks
sim101

oh yeah the reason i couldn't do it the simple way was because i threw away the uninstaller, i am, what we call in this part of the world, a clowns boot!
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

Glad ya got it fixed.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Banner making on Mac ? | Monster Jam »