New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Best Software For Creating Sales Flyers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

w...b

w...b is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive

im making a flyer for a student union at school. right now i have OS 10.4 and i was wondering what software on here i could use to make the flyer.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

download a trial of adobe illustrator or photoshop.

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

Photoshop, InDesign or QuarkXPress. I wouldn't suggest illustrator for a flyer.

QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Illustrator is probably the best thing if you are using a lot of text, if you are using mostly photographs then photoshop is the way to go. I would even go as far as to say Indesign, but its pretty tough to learn. If I was making a flyer I would use illustrator.
QUOTE Thanks
mrchef1

mrchef1 is on a distinguished road

I need to create weekly sales flyers for my company. Ive been using Word & Publisher, both limited and kind of lame for this purpose.

Being new to Mac I was wondering what the best Mac program would be to create these documents. Word is fine but the final product looks kinda primitive. I want a slick, professional looking flyer that I can create fairly easily.

The flyer typically has one or two images, my company logo and text with product specs and pricing.

Also my office is strictly PC so I guess Ill have to export the doc into a pdf before bringing it into the office for printing.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Take a look at pages part of the iWork package. It maybe what your after.
QUOTE Thanks
magician

magician is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC :) 24inch 2.8GHz 2GB Ram 500G HDD

Hello there everyone

Alright, so I am new to the mac world so please be gentle with me, hahaha

I am currently looking to make some flyers for my business and I want to do them in PDF format so that everyone can view (mac & PC) them and not be easily edited.

flyers will be a few pages long with images and such things.

So can anyone recommend some good programs out there??? I am also looking for some free (open source) programs to make things a little easier on the wallet But if not possible let me know.

QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

When I want to make flyers I just use Pages and then print to PDF.
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

I'll expand on what dakineyj said. You can print virtually anything from a Mac to a PDF file. It's built into the OS. Create whatever you want with whatever tools work best for you, print to PDF, and distribute to everyone. ^_^

Welcome magician to the world of the Mac and to M-F!!!!!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
magician

alright, so i can use CS3 and have an options to make it a PDF if i print to PDF when i am finished? Currently I'm at school, and will try it when i get home. Thanks a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
digitalscrap

digitalscrap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD

Yep. In any app that allows you to print, just choose "PDF" down at the lower left corner, and choose "Save to PDF...". Just one more little nicety about OS X.

QUOTE Thanks
magician

ok cool, thanks a bunch guys. It works.

Now I have another question.....ok well two.... 1. How do I make more then one page though??? 2. and later on down the road can i add more pages to the current project?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

For that you would need Acrobat Professional, I think. Acrobat Professional lets you add files and assemble various .pdf files in a single one file.
QUOTE Thanks
magician

I am going to assume that it isn't free?
QUOTE Thanks
digitalscrap

digitalscrap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician View Post
ok cool, thanks a bunch guys. It works.

Now I have another question.....ok well two.... 1. How do I make more then one page though??? 2. and later on down the road can i add more pages to the current project?
First question: It will create the PDF with as many pages as your original document. So, if your document is 4 pages in Pages, then it will create a 4 page PDF with the same formatting as your source document.

Second question: The way I do it is to keep the original source document in its native format, and then simply "print" to PDF again with the same filename whenever I update it. This will overwrite the previous PDF, effectively "adding" your new pages to the PDF. Just always make sure to save your doc in whatever format you are working in BEFORE you print to PDF initially.

Hope this helps!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printers for Graphic Designers | How to make a photo dvd ? »