New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photo transfer from card reader

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Finn

Finn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac OS X Ver.10.6.5, 2.16 GHZ intel core 2 duo

When I transfer pictures via a card reader I would like to see the images before saying yes to import and choose which images with a check mark like I do on my PC. Must be possible but I am having trouble with this.
Thanks in advance,
Finn
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

You can import with Finder. Just click on your mounted card reader disc icon in the finder select a picture or pictures right click and chose slide show from there you can import directly to iPhoto
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Interesting. When I connect my camera to the Mac to import, iPhoto automaticaly asks if I want to import all, or import selected photo's, as it reads and displays all that are on the card/camera.
I am using the latest iPhoto that came with iLife.
Maybe it's different with a card reader, but I can't imagine why.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

It is possible to import selected into iPhoto 08 .iPhoto 06 could only do selected imports with image capture, or by highlighting ,and dragging onto the icon. I used an automator action to ipmort ,view ,and add comments with iPhoto 06. here is my post on how to do that. iphoto? questions...

I have yet to try with 08

The finder way is great if you don't want the images in iPhoto
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Original Photoshop CS3 Icon Set | colour issue aaagh! »