New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

digital camera drivers for OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rideblue

rideblue is on a distinguished road

Hi all,first post on here so hope someone can help.I've recently bought an imac after suffering a couple of years of ordinary p.c's My present digital camera is a fairly new Hitachi HDC-756E which my imac will not recognise and I was wondering if drivers are available anywhere to download.I like the camera and do not want to go through the expense of buying a imac compatible new one. Heres hoping,thanks,John.
QUOTE Thanks
Malachi

Malachi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 white book with some niffty icons

I am going to have to take a shot at this and say, You shouldn't need a driver for the mac. The camera should just simply plus via usb and the pictures should be there.

Another option could be to get an SD card reader.

The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

I have the same problem with my Fuji S700. Instead of downloading a nonexistant driver, I use Iphoto or (now)IView Pro to download from the camera. This camera wont show up in Finder as a drive but some programs see it fine.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Yep, no drivers required. Just plug it in. And then launch iPhoto if it doesn't launch automatically.

Alternatively, you could change the USB setting on your camera (through the camera menu) to USB Mass storage instead of PTP.
QUOTE Thanks
rideblue

Many thanks to the people who responded to my query,I'll take onboard what was said and report back,thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
rideblue

After all the messing trying to solve the problem it turns out the digital camera was faulty.Replaced it today,connected the new one to the imac and everything worked as it should,thanks again for taking the trouble to help.
QUOTE Thanks
Malachi

Malachi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 white book with some niffty icons

Good to hear, enjoy your new working camera, and your working computer. Also keep us up to date on how things are going.

The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switch page direction | The Graphic Design Industry »