New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iPhoto won't display proper orientation of photos?... Bizarre

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gargantua

Gargantua is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.16ghz

Anyone else experienced this? In iPhoto I have an event that contains pictures of my son outside in the yard. As usual, some photos I took by holding my camera "level" and others I took by orienting it 90 degrees to get pictures of him standing, playing etc. "taller" if you will. For some odd reason iPhoto will not display some of the 100 photos in this event properly; first, it took some of the thumbnails and stretched them horizontally. When I double-clicked on these particular photos to see what was wrong it opened them up full size, but oriented them incorrectly: sideways. When I single-clicked on the photo to close the full size and go back to the thumbnails in the event, the thumbnail of that particular photo was no longer stretched, but now the thumbnail was also oriented sideways.

The wierd thing is that if I double-click on any of these thumbnails now to get the full screen size for editing or whatever, it *opens* properly oriented (not sideways). So even tho the thumbnail is sideways, the pic itself is not. If I try to rotate the thumbnail using the rotate arrow so that the thumbnail is right side up, then when I open the full size for editing I find that the photo has rotated another 90 degrees--it's always 90 degrees off from the thumbnail. Any idea what the heck is going on here?
QUOTE Thanks
Gargantua

So, has anyone heard of this?
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I would try rebuilding your thumbnail cache (holding command+option down while iPhoto loads).

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
Gargantua

Hey thanks a lot! That worked!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about burning image to a CD | Turn a panorama into a background? »