New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Remote Image Capture

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shadowmancer

shadowmancer is on a distinguished road

Hi. I have a PowerShot A75 (not great but does the job) which I "borrowed" from the parents. Anyways all the reviews I read on it mention that it can perform remote image capture from the Mac. Unfortunately the driver disc I have doesn't have the neccesary software on it (ImageBrowser), just some crappy ArcSoft thing, so either I chucked the disc with it on or I just didn't get it. Anyways, Canon only offer updates to download from the website, so is there anywhere (legal) I could download the software?
Failing that, does anyone know of a third party application that could do the same job?
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Which version is your ImageBrowser? Canon now has the latest version at 5.8.0.10.

I would suggest you visit the Canon website, give it a try and look for all the software updates for your camera model to make sure you are using the latest versions. They are free to download.

Edited to add:

And there's Canon capture but you'll have to install plenty of bits and, from a quick read, it's not clear at SourceForge how it'll work under OS X. Kilted1's idea is probably best. But do download the Canon software, it'll help you for free to work on our images.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

This supports some still cameras
http://www.istopmotion.com/
The trial is free

BTW it's one of the coolest apps I've seen
QUOTE Thanks
shadowmancer

I have a trial of iStopMotion now, been playing with it with my built in iSight, haven't tried to get it to work with the PowerShot yet.

MacHeadCase, sorry I wasn't very clear, the problem is I don't actually have ImageBrowser, which I need for the remote capture and isn't offered on Canon's website except in upgrade form, which is useless if I don't have the application in the first place... which I don't. I'll check out iStopMotion's camera support and keep on hunting for the CD.
QUOTE Thanks
shadowmancer

Ok, plugged the cam into iStopMotion... problem is the computer only acknowledges the camera's existence if it's in Play mode, not Capture mode, so there is no live preview and no camera controls, so images aren't properly focused and actually look worse than on the iSight. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

The only thing I can think of is just take a series of pictures and import them... It does however take all the fun out of the whole process
QUOTE Thanks
flextext

flextext is on a distinguished road

I have a Power mac G4 800mgz and for some reason it is not recognizing when my DSLR Camera is connected? I am running the lasted version of Tiger 10.4.10 my Image Capture usually boots up when it is connected. Has anyone had this problem before?
QUOTE Thanks
Rowe2ry

Rowe2ry is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD

www.canon.com click on Americas(on map), then product information(below map), then products(upper left), then consumer products, then cameras(obvious, picture of an EOS camera), then support(under Canon banner)(or download library, they both take you to the same page actually), fill in the information for the camera and look for all the driver information.

I drive a Mazda Rx-7, shoot a Canon 20D, and soon.......... I will use a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flextext View Post
I have a Power mac G4 800mgz and for some reason it is not recognizing when my DSLR Camera is connected? I am running the lasted version of Tiger 10.4.10 my Image Capture usually boots up when it is connected. Has anyone had this problem before?
To stop Image Capture from launching just open the prefereces in iMage capture (Cmd+,) then in one of the panes set it to "No application".. (I'm at work at present with a windows box) that should solve that un-wanted launch
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Taking a photo every X seconds | Photoshop or Gimp »