New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

new digital camera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dammitdan57

dammitdan57 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2.2Ghz C2D 1GB RAM 120GB HDD 8x Superdrive

iv been looking at getting a new digital camera, im not big on photography and cropping pictures. i just want something that is somewhat slim and can fit into the pocket easy. my price range is around $250 since it seems that you can get some pretty decent cameras for that price. here is one that i have been looking at and very interested in

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

they have a higher model for about $50 more but i read the only difference was 8.1 mp compared to 7.2 which didnt seem worth it since im not going to be blowing any pictures up to wear that would be a noticable difference

so can anyone let me know if im making a good choice or not because i honestly do not know that much about cameras, and if not can you recommend me one. thanks everyone!
QUOTE Thanks
dagored

dagored is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.1GHz 2.5 gigs RAM

Check it out here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

I am not a Circuit City fan. Good stuff-to expensive.

You can check out other cameras and do comparisons on B & H's site.

I have no connection with B & H. Just love their service and low prices.

Forgot - go here and do some research: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1009

Found a better buy: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

dagored
http://dagored.smugmug.com/
PC users use the technology of yesterday today, while Mac users like to use the technology of tomorrow today!
QUOTE Thanks
Rowe2ry

Rowe2ry is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD

Go for it, looks like a great camera. and you're right about the MP, 7.1 to 8 MP won't really change anyhting. You can still comfortably blow up 7MP a bit too. I normally shoot with my 8 mega pixel sensor set to medium or small which is about a 6 or 5 megapixel equivalent.

I drive a Mazda Rx-7, shoot a Canon 20D, and soon.......... I will use a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
applemacbook

applemacbook is on a distinguished road

More often than not the real bottleneck is not the MP count but the lens itself!
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdan57 View Post
iv been looking at getting a new digital camera, im not big on photography and cropping pictures. i just want something that is somewhat slim and can fit into the pocket easy. my price range is around $250 since it seems that you can get some pretty decent cameras for that price. here is one that i have been looking at and very interested in

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

they have a higher model for about $50 more but i read the only difference was 8.1 mp compared to 7.2 which didnt seem worth it since im not going to be blowing any pictures up to wear that would be a noticable difference

so can anyone let me know if im making a good choice or not because i honestly do not know that much about cameras, and if not can you recommend me one. thanks everyone!
There are also programs out there that will blow photos up for you. I have an 8mp DSLR and had a photo blown up to 20x30 with Genuine Fractals 5. It looked amazing.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
chaunce322

chaunce322 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HD

IMHO, the Sony DSC-W-line is pretty good. I have had first had experience with the W100, and it takes very nice pictures and works great as a point-and-shoot model. It's size also makes it easy to drop in your pocket and go.

Sean
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Drawing My Own Photoshop Brushes. How | Linking webpage with an image in an email. »