New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

A day at the zoo:

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I went to Maryland Zoo in Baltimore this weekend.

The Zebra Pit:

Fish eye of a rope bridge:

Elephant. I got to use a Canon 17-40 f/4 L on this one:

Fountain:

The rest were with a Canon 70-200 f/4 L

Giraffes:

More:

Raspberries:

Kit lens, C Pol filter.

Just Waking Up:

Swimming:

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Penny59

Penny59 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Getting one for Xmas!!

Gorgeous Photos!!! So professional. I'm here in PA. Never been to this Zoo. But you are so talented!! Thank yo for sharing.

Penny
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Very nice!!

QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Great pics - I especially like the one of "Lips the Giraffe."
QUOTE Thanks
Rabbit

Rabbit is an unknown at this point

Why is the Giraffe licking cement? What happens when the weather turns cold? I'm pretty sure tigers aren't used to cold weather, are they?

Cool photos to say the least.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

These are some AMAZING shots. If you have more, please share!

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I went to Maryland Zoo in Baltimore this weekend.

Elephant. I got to use a Canon 17-40 f/4 L on this one:

[/IMG]
I just noticed - that elephant has six feet! And on two of them he wears tennis shoes!!
QUOTE Thanks
Penny59

Penny59 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Getting one for Xmas!!

Listen, I don't know if this is the right forum. But I have ONE good pic of my daughter and meI at her wedding. I have glare on my glasses. I could show you but I don't know how? Does anyone know a service that will help me?? Thanks
Penny
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Excellent, excellent shots. Thanks for sharing. What kind of equipment did you use to shoot these ...and... did you do any post processing of the shots in Photoshop or similar?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the comments. I went with a group of members from http://www.photography-on-the.net , a Canon DSLR site. One of the girls with us was kind enough to let me use two of her lenses and one of the guys let me play with the fish eye.

The fish eye is a Russian made Peleng. Totally manual down to the aperture and only $250 if you find them on the right site. Fun lens to screw around with and a bargain for the price.

All the Giraffe shots were taken with a Canon 70-200 f/4 L. The 70-200 comes in f/4 and f/2.8 with IS options on both. It's one of Canon's most popular lenses and one of their sharpest zooms imo.

The elephant shots were done with the Canon 17-40 f/4. It's heavy and definitely a very high quality piece of glass.

You can really tell a difference when using the L lenses vs standard glass. Too bad they usually run $1k+ a pop. For the Giraffe shots and the Elephant shots, I really didn't need the extra sharpening I did, because they were so extremely crisp out of the camera. I might have even went a little overboard on the Elephant one.

All photos were pretty much just sharpened and shrunk down, with the polar bear and leopard photos having the WB adjusted because they were shot from behind glass.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

oops...here's the leopard shot:

And some sleeping rhinos:

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
cheetahastra

cheetahastra will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video

Amazing Shots!

2007 iMac 20" 2.0Ghz w/ Wireless Mighty Mouse
2010 iPhone 3GS 32GB - White
2008 iPod Video / 5th Generation 30GB - Black
2006 HP Pavilion DV4206TU Notebook
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

The Zebra pit shot is top notch. The composition is perfect. Good work!

iMac - 2.4 C2D - 4GB RAM | MacBook - 2.0 C2D - 2GB RAM | AirPort Extreme Base Station
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« file size vs media size difference after jpg conversion | Funny short clean videos. »