New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

photoshop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

melow71

melow71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...

I am trying to take my wallpaper and a part of the background... The image is of a city from the top of a building and I have the open sky in the horizon... I am trying to change the color of the sky to another color than present, but still leave the white clouds present, could adobe photoshop do that, or would i need something else??? what would help me with something like this... besides real skill at it

thanks--

-Griffey Jr ...the sweetest swing there ever was.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

You would have to use the Adjustment Layer called Selective Color in the Layers palette. See what it can do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg selective_color.jpg (74.4 KB, 30 views)
QUOTE Thanks
litebulb1

litebulb1 is on a distinguished road

you can do this with lots of patience.
QUOTE Thanks
turo

turo is on a distinguished road

Use teh wand tool and select the entire sky minus the clouds. Then under Image adjustments, go to hue and saturation. Move the hue slider around to change the color of the sky.

If that does not work (means the color of the sky was a little weak in the first place), then you can use the color mixer instead. It is really not that difficult at all. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
livatlantis

livatlantis will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini

It's really about just manipulating color selectively, as MHC mentioned. For Photoshop, the sky is different from the clouds and the buildings only by differential pixel values. The conceptual separation we make between these things won't work with Photoshop if, for example, some clusters of pixels are similar between those objects. In which case, you'll want to use masks to let Photoshop know you want to manipulate just a part of the photo; here, the.
sky.

The later part of this tutorial should help.

Reality Equation of Infinite Variables
http://www.realityequation.net/
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Here's a quick and dirty example.

If you want to get rid of the colour sky blue, for example, click on the adjustment layer icon (first attachment) and select from the drop-down menu the Selective Color layer. Since you want to get rid of blue, in the selective color window go to the Blue and then the Cyan tab and get rid of all the blue and cyan (-100%) and crank up its opposites (in cyan's case it's magenta and in the blue's case it's yellow - second and third attachment).

The original file, unchanged, is the fourth attachment. The result after the Selective Color layer has been applied is the fifth attachment below.

Since the uploads got a bit heavy for one post, I saved them very compressed so you won't be seeing any fine details but this works!
Attached Images
File Type: png adjustment_layer_icon.png (8.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg selective_colour1.jpg (9.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg selective_colour2.jpg (9.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg blue_sky.jpg (36.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg blue_sky_changed.jpg (34.1 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need iPhoto help | Image in an email that goes to a webpage. »