New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photo Booth Pics Reversed - Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

grandslam

grandslam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

Hey Guys,

I have a Macbook Pro and am starting to use it more than Windows computers. I've played around a lot and think I screwed something up somewhere.

In Photo Booth using the built in camera, the pics I take are reversed (not sure what this is called).

Like if I take a pic of something, it's almost like a mirror image of it.

Here is a sample:

So see in this, this is a pic I just took to show this really quick. The microwave is showing right to left instead of left to right.

If I take a pic of myself as an example with a shirt with a polo shirt or something on the left, the logo is on the right.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this thing or what I could have changed?
QUOTE Thanks
beowolf

beowolf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 Core2Duo White

All the isights on macbooks work this way in photo booth. It helps you adjust yourself in front of the camera -- you move left, your image moves left. In the Edit menu you can select "autoflip new images" so that the resulting pictures are saved using the correct/natural orientation.
QUOTE Thanks
grandslam

grandslam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post
All the isights on macbooks work this way in photo booth. It helps you adjust yourself in front of the camera -- you move left, your image moves left. In the Edit menu you can select "autoflip new images" so that the resulting pictures are saved using the correct/natural orientation.
Awesome, thanks! I hadn't seen that option.
QUOTE Thanks
beowolf

beowolf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 Core2Duo White

No problem at all. I wish there was a simple setting that could make this mirroring optional. That would give more freedom.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHatt

MacHatt is an unknown at this point

there is such a programme to download, i cant remember what its called but when i get home in less than 2 hours ill post a link

it has all sorts of editing options before you take the picture. it works with imovie too when recording.

Edit: You can download I glasses here

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24758
- iglasses is free (for 7 days) im sure you could get a free serial code or something for it, but its really good, installs fast and opens automatically with imovie, photo booth etc
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can i resize an animated .gif using graphic converter? | Painted Windows »