New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Fuji Finepix S5700

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JamesWat

JamesWat is on a distinguished road

Ive just upgraded from the Finepix 5600 to the 5700. when i plug the new camera into my mac book no drive appears however i can get the pics off the camera through iphoto which is fine but i would really like to be able to access it via a normal disk drive as well at straight though iphoto, just as i could for the 5600.
any thoughts?
thanks
JAMES
QUOTE Thanks
Interstellar

Interstellar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD

I use a xD media card reader through a USB port, no need to connect the whole camera.

Not sure if your preferences in iPhoto are set to auto open when a camera is attached or not - that may force Finder to use the disk drive.
QUOTE Thanks
Flat Eric

Flat Eric will become famous soon enough

Same problem here, with the Fuji Finepix S5800. Mac and iphoto do not recognise there's a camera plugged in. Camera goes into usb mode so u can't change any settings on it.
Iphoto prefs are set to auto open iphoto when a camera is attached but it wont open as it doesnt know a camera has been plugged into it.
Camera has an XD card which is a pain as the imac slot only takes SD cards - now I have to buy a card reader I guess, the camera ought to work though and it bugs me that it doesnt
QUOTE Thanks
Flat Eric

Strangely, more playing around - through Parallels for windows XP, the camera is recognised by the win drivers and this wakes up the OS X so I can then switch back into iphoto and import the pics from the camera. Beats me why/how!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Some cameras I have owned had a USB Mode in the settings that allowed you to change it from USB drive to Camera. Not sure about your S5800 but take a look. It worked for me with a few cameras.

Just looked at the S5800 manual and says to install the software from the CD that came with the camera then open Image Capture in OSX.
QUOTE Thanks
Flat Eric

I steered clear of the finepix software - it is bulky, stodgy, lethargic, on the old pc i just took the sd card out and slotted it into the 'puter.
QUOTE Thanks
Flat Eric

This thread prompted me to try out the finepix cd again,that came with the camera, I had it installed on my old PC but never used it, I think it got mislaid maybe 2 years ago. Does anyone know if the software is downloadable anywhere or do i have to buy a replacement cd from Fuji?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ordering iPhoto Book | iPhoto disk space usage »