New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

some help please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

carolineUK

carolineUK is on a distinguished road

i wonder if anyone can help me.

i have a friend who has asked me to design a logo for his company and ok ive done that and its currently being used just for the website he has.

thing is he may want the logo printed onto t-shirts for advertising purposes.
so does anyone know what i should do with regards to colour mode?

it would be disasterous if the colours went manky as soon as they output to cmyk.

anyone have any advice? what would you do?
i obviously need a very close colour match to the logo being used on his site. tricky as i dont have a monitor calibrator thing.

thanks for any help

ibook G4 powerPC OSX
ipod nano 4g and ipod 10g
Wacom Graphire (sapphire)
I-DOG
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolineUK View Post
i wonder if anyone can help me.

i have a friend who has asked me to design a logo for his company and ok ive done that and its currently being used just for the website he has.

thing is he may want the logo printed onto t-shirts for advertising purposes.
so does anyone know what i should do with regards to colour mode?

it would be disasterous if the colours went manky as soon as they output to cmyk.

anyone have any advice? what would you do?
i obviously need a very close colour match to the logo being used on his site. tricky as i dont have a monitor calibrator thing.

thanks for any help

I would say that you should find a out what color space which ever print company you choose to go with uses and convert your logo to that. Find out if they use sRGB or Adobe or CYMK, etc...

That's probably your best bet. Then maybe have a very small run printed off to see how it looks.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

I know what you mean. I do alot of this for my company. Simply though, most of these printing companies know how to convert the images to the color spaces they want and keep the image in tact. SO, if you do not feel comfortabel converting the colorspaces yourself or are worried it may not work you can ask the printer to do it and send you a sample to see if you like it.
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

I'd match the colours to a pantone. Rather that going from RGB to CMYK, a pantone match will ensure the colours appear as they should. This should also help considerably if you'll be printing onto shirts or anything like that. This is probably your best bet to make sure colours are consistent across web and a range of print media.

If you don't have a pantone swatch book, you might want to consider getting your hands on one.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does Anyone Know How to Do This?? (im sure someone does!) | what software can batch rename and resize images? »