Thread: iphoto 08 and adobe lightroom
08-09-2007, 09:04 PM #1
iphoto 08 and adobe lightroom
- Member Since
- Aug 08, 2006
if i were to use both programs to manage photos, does it create doubles in terms of hard drive space? is there anyway to edit on lightroom but just view on iphoto? i dont really know if im making any sense
08-11-2007, 11:28 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jul 18, 2007
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
Hi there, I currently use Adobe lightroom to edit and iphoto to just view the photos.
1) Created a designated folder for my pictures (then sub-folders to differentiate them)
2) In Iphoto application go to: top bar, Iphoto > preferences > Advance tab . In the advance tab, make sure the "Importing: Copy files to iphoto library folder when adding to library " is UNSELECTED
3) In Iphoto application go to: File > Import to library
4) Find the folder that contains the pictures you want to be viewed and click 'import"
By doing this, you will save from duplicating files on your hard drive. Remember that adobe lightroom will not make changes to the original picture file, but will save any alterations to it in it's "catalog" which will take up space.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By fionamarg in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2015, 10:31 AM
By mgaing in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM
By tobywuk in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital PhotographyReplies: 5Last Post: 12-17-2007, 02:27 AM
By jtnkelly in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital PhotographyReplies: 16Last Post: 03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
By UncSki1218 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 5Last Post: 04-06-2006, 09:24 PM