New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Best software for graphing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amp502

amp502 is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I decided I wanted to try and create a series of graphs on my new mac!
What I want to do is be able to use a graph to represent my weight lifting gains

I want to be able to put in the weight lifted week by week
and I want it to be a series of graphs, that is, one for bench press, one for curls, one for squats, etc.

and I want each exercise to have two graphs, one depicting my gains, and one depicting my friend's

okay, I know that's a lot to ask, but what program would be best to use to accomplish this task? I kind of looked at that iWork thing Mark offered up but couldn't figure it out either way

and when I do find the best program, a quick little run-through on how I would make said graphs would be amazing
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Have a look at Numbers in the iLife trial - that will do perfectly. Or look at NeoOffice's spreadsheet.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Numbers should be part of the iWorks package.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Dammit, you're right - iWork not iLife.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

The spreadhseet in Neo-Office should be fine - or as the others have said, if you intend to get iWork, use numbers.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CS3 reinstall trouble | PS3 - Photo Printing... »