Graphic Design and Multimedia professionals....
    Hey everyone, I'm still sort of new to the forum, I'm saving up for my mac and enjoy reading everything in this forum. Heres the question/story...

I've always been into taking photos, making like little movies w/ my parents camcorders, editing crap etc.... The thing is, I never really got big into it due to lack of equipment, computer software etc. I'm in college now and I'm getting a degree in Advertising and Multimedia. I plan on getting a new digi cam, and really learning CS3 etc so I can have a broad knowledge of a lot of programs. I'm taking about 10 multimedia classes that range from web design, to video editing, to photo manipulation. I plan on teaching myself how to do a lot of this stuff on line w/ tutorials etc too. I'm 22, and I really want to know is it too late for me to start getting into graphic design now? I'm not really good at free hand drawing, but my family has a long art background, and I think with enough practice I can learn what I want to learn?

Are there jobs out there that need guys like me that know how to get power point presentations, edit company videos, make a quick web page etc? Are they even in demand? Sorry for the long post, but the semester is coming up shortly where I actually start taking classes for my major and I'm sort of nervous. Thanks.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by theitalianone03 View Post
    I'm 22, and I really want to know is it too late for me to start getting into graphic design now? I'm not really good at free hand drawing, but my family has a long art background, and I think with enough practice I can learn what I want to learn?
    You are still very young. Heck, I finally decided to go back to school for Multimedia Design when I was 30. There are plenty of jobs out there with all kinds of disciplines and skills needed.
    Just keep at it and you will be fine, I'm sure.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information